Sunday, April 1, 2012

The 'Sakura' by Storm Kimonos

The 'Sakura' by Storm Kimonos
The ‘Sakura’ women’s BJJ gi is one of two women’s kimono recently released by premium gi-maker Storm Kimonos. Storm has collaborated with Angelica Galvao to develop their new women’s line and they have brought a couple beautiful, feminine, sophisticated gi to the market. The Sakura is a crisp white gi accented with deep magenta pink patches and embroidery; this is a strong ‘big girls’ pink, rather than a powder puff or bubblegum pink. The construction is robust and the 550GSM jacket and ripstop trousers are kind to the skin while offering sturdy reinforcement at stress points. The Sakura is a competition-ready lighter weight gi and comes in at 1.4 kilos on my scales. The Sakura is a luxurious, well thought out premium gi and retails at $199.99.

Read the full review

4 comments:

  1. Want this gi but they don't make it in my size. Sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to email you but it was returned to me- I've got about 5 gis I'd like to review somewhere, are you still accepting them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, apologies for the late reply. Your comment came 10 days before my new baby was born and it has been pretty full on since that time. Things settling back in, now :)

      There was an issue with my server which disrupted my email, and you should now be able to contact me on meg.smitley@megjitsu.com if you still wish to do so.

      Delete