Saturday, October 17, 2009

Amanda said...

Amanda said...
I'm 5'7" and anywhere between 138-144 lbs. I have wear 3 kimonos right now.

First was the Gameness A1 Single Weave (it's like $75 at Budovideos). It fit really well when I first got it but with hang drying, the sleeves and the pants have become short on me. They would never pass for competition but I like it for training. It's really comfortable but the collar is very easy to grab. The pants have 2 loop holes and each drawstrings has kind of busted out on the side. It's hard to explain but it doesn't seem to affect the performance at all.

My second gi is a blue A1 Gameness Pearl. Unlike my single weave Gameness, I haven't noticed any shrinking at all. The sleeves and pants are still are great lengths for competition. This gi feels heavier than my other Gameness but it is still very comfortable.

My final gi right now is a red A1 Keiko Raca Limited Edition 2009. The pants fit perfectly for me since day one but the jacket was big. I've attempted to shrink it about 3 times now with some success. The shrinkage is very minimal each time (could be good or bad!). As of now, the sleeves are a good length but I feel like the width of the jacket itself is still big. It's definitely manageable though. The jacket closes perfectly on top of each side.

I just pre-ordered a White Ripstock Shoyoroll gi in A1. I should receive that in Dec 2009 or Jan 2010. I'll be sure to let everyone know how I like the fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment