Monday, October 26, 2009

Pink.

Why are women's gis pink? They can't even be a sensible pink, but rather range from pepto bismol to, as my friend Galen described it, "stupid magenta". Now, I used to vomit slightly whenever I saw one of these pink gis, but actually, they are kinda growing on me! Weird, huh? I kinda like the idea of destroying a guy on the mat while wearing all pink. What has brought about this change in opinion? Probably because Kyra Gracie is so beautiful, so good at jiu jitsu, and she wears a pink gi! I sit and think for a bit about how awesome I would be if I had a pink gi... and then I remember how much I prefer to keep my dignity and resolve that I would like one if it were free, but I'm never shelling out the $$$ to buy one :D!


3 comments:

  1. I think there is nothing wrong with a pink gi! It doesn't matter what you wear on the mats as long as you train...pink is a fun color for girls to wear, it's something different than the gis the guys will be sporting haha and as long as girls have a blue, white or black gi to compete in (assuming they want to compete) go ahead and wear the pink or any other color! (I'll be wearing my Kyra gi too) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a guy, but the issue I have with pink gis is best explained by links like this, this and to an extent this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I forgot about this post. It's embarrassingly awful. I can't believe I allowed my judgment to lapse long enough to write that! Pink gis are, and always will be awful.

    In recent years, I have returned to the traditional sentiment.... White and blue a best. Black is OK if one absolutely must. I have only two gis right now, and they are both white.

    ReplyDelete